Monday, January 5, 2009

Dancing

I guess Jesse never stopped playing dress up. I'm glad I had the chance to play along:

This was at the Chat in May, 2008. Jesse had been diagnosed only a few weeks before, and spent much of the evening roaming between the tables after food to assuage his voracious, steroid induced appetite, between bouts of waltzing to the loud hip-hop and fanning ourselves on the benches provided to flesh out the "Central Park" theme. We would have taken a carriage ride, too, but my hoop skirt would not have fit through the doors. He was there and every bit the gentleman and enjoying every moment of it. It was one of the best nights of my life, not only because I had an excellent friend as a date, but because it was so clear that he was enjoying himself in a way he hadn't gotten to for a while.

Emily Jacke, Jaffrey, NH (NMH '08)

No comments:

Post a Comment