Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dearest Jesse,

I have a few things to say before you go.
First of all, and most important, is that I Love you, and I will always remember you.
Second, I want you to know that I See you. I See you between all these layers of perception and physical limitation. I was frightened of myself, frightened for you, and so I stepped away at first instinctively. But I will not step away now. I love you, and I See you, amidst the pain and the fear and the unknown. I feel I have given you too little credit for the heart, the strength, the courage I know you have, caught up in my own little world of fear and delusion. I have held myself back too often in your presence. You may never know the depth or the breadth of my care for you in any intellectual sense, but I tell you now, once again, that I Love you, that I See you, in the hopes that you will Know this somehow before you go.
Third and perhaps last, I Honor you. I Honor you, Jesse, for this incredible journey you have taken, for your heart, strength and courage throughout. As I told you before, I have been amazed at your tenacity and dignity throughout. And I consider myself Honored to be your friend, and to travel part of this journey with you. We had some splendid fun, and I treasure these memories. They are precious to me, as are you. For I Love you, and I See you, and I will always Honor you.

I bring with me the prayers of your friends. Know that they Love you, that they See you, that they Honor you.
I bring the blessings and prayers of my family: my parents, their significant others and the various and sundry other members of our households. Know that they Honor you, and they Love you because I Love you.
I bring also the prayers of many family friends and connections. Not all of them know you, or even know your name, but they have been praying for you and your family, and they Honor you.

I hope that your last days in this reality are warm, peaceful, and filled with love. Life will not be the same without you. I wish you well — Safe travels and enriching adventures on your next journey and on, into the next cycle. May you pass easily into the beyond, into the unknown and there find rest, renewal, strength, healing and perhaps new life.

Merry Meet and Merry Part and Merry Meet Again, my dear, dear friend.

With love, always,
Your friend,
Emily

Emily Jacke, NMH '08

No comments:

Post a Comment